The Nebraska State Historical Society Foundation (NSHSF) is excited to announce the launch of the Foundation’s Statewide Grants Program. Donations to the Statewide Grants Program will help NSHSF provide grants that would benefit local historical and educational organizations providing programming and learning opportunities in community history. Examples of applying organizations include museums, historical societies, and libraries that use core educational, preservation and interpretive programs. Grants up to $5,000 will be available.
For a limited number of organizations that do receive some government support from counties or municipalities, funds are universally applied to operating expenses such as a salary for a director, utilities, insurance, or maintenance. This focused allocation leaves the organizations searching locally for funds to serve school classes, prepare exhibits, process and preserve artifacts, and undertake activities such as lectures and museum festivals. There is a tremendous statewide need for education, outreach and interpretive funding in these organizations.
There hasn’t been nor is there now in Nebraska a statewide grants program that can assist local historical efforts on the part of historical societies, museums, archives, and libraries. While states such as Florida, Montana, Minnesota and others have programs in place and while those have been extremely helpful to the chronically-underfunded local historical efforts, to date, no such program has been available in Nebraska.
– Leslie Fattig, NSHSF Executive Director
More information coming soon!
Donate today to the NSHSF Statewide Grants Program!
Gifts of all amounts are welcomed and appreciated. We have several giving levels, and each includes special benefits as a thank-you for your donation:
PUPIL – UP TO $99
- Recognition in our Annual Report and newsletter
- Copy of newsletter
RESEARCHER – $100-$499
- All Pupil benefits, plus…
- Invitations to Foundation Meet-and-Greets and special activities
- A very special annual Foundation thank you gift
ARCHIVIST – $500-$999
- All Researcher benefits, plus…
- Capsule profile in the Foundation’s Historical Connections newsletter
- Invitation to board-hosted VIP Reception at Annual Meeting
LIBRARIAN – $1,000-$4,999
- All Archivist benefits, plus…
- Join Nebraska state leadership, NSHS board members, trustees and business leaders at our annual Legislative Reception
HISTORIAN – $5,000-$14,999
- All Librarian benefits plus…
- Increased name recognition, including in our annual report, on our website, and at all NSHS Foundation special events
CURATOR – $15,000 OR MORE (MAY BE PLEDGED OVER FIVE YEARS.)
- All Historian benefits, plus…
- Recognition as a 150 Fund member, in a permanent exhibit at the Nebraska History Museum and/or other historic sites
- To become a 150 fund member, please contact Tony Dworak at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-314-4848
To donate to the Statewide Grants Program via check, please make your check payable to the NSHS Foundation and mail to:
128 North 13th Street #1010
Lincoln, NE, 68508