Bone Creek Art Museum
Bone Creek Museum of Agrarian Art in David City, NE is the nation’s only exclusively agrarian art museum presenting art that connects people to the land. Exhibitions and related events such as artist talks, panel discussions, art workshops, poetry readings, humanities presentations, and musical performances celebrate the heritage and current themes of rural and farm life. David City is the hometown of nationally recognized Regionalist artist Dale Nichols whose work is the heart of the permanent collection.
Brownville Historical Society
We Preserve, Protect and Share SE Nebraska History!
The Brownville Historical Society began in December 1956 with the express purpose of maintaining the historical heritage, the landmarks and the picturesque buildings of Brownville. Museums hold the artifacts of life in early Nebraska and the Society maintains these properties.
Chadron Public Library
Chadron’s original Carnegie Library was built in 1913 and renovated in the 1960’s. In the spirit of the Carnegie tradition, for close to 100 years, the library has provided quality services free of charge to the public.
The library holds a film festival every October that includes stories told through film, guest speakers and music.
Columbus Public Library
Columbus Public Library provides library services to the community of Columbus, Nebraska. The library provides both print and electronic resources, and both in-person and online services. In addition to traditional library offerings, patrons have access to public access computers, copy machines, tablets, printers, meeting room, Wi-Fi, a makerspace, outreach, and quality programming for patrons of all ages. The library truly does connect people and ideas.
Crawford Historical Society
The Crawford Historical Society and Museum is a non-profit organization dedicated to the preservation of the history and culture of Crawford and the surrounding rural area. We have an extensive collection of local photographs and newspaper obituraries and raise awareness about Crawford’s history through the museum and special events.
Dixon County Historical Society
The Dixon County Historical Society is located in Allen, Nebraska and serves as the repository of Dixon County History. There are five different buildings of treasures of Dixon County history. Our Research Room has lots of old newspapers and we are getting together the history and memories of the RRs that run through Dixon County. Our country School house has pictures and records books from the country schools. The machine shop has a big collections of the older machinery, horse drawn school bus, early looms, early doctor tools, and lots of old pictures.
Elkhorn Valley Historical Museum
The Elkhorn Valley Historical Society was founded in 1958. The members of the society believe in the value of preserving the past, the memory and legacy of the lives of the people of the Elkhorn Valley for future generations. Thanks to the generosity of area citizens, businesses, organizations and grants, the Society was able to complete the construction of a beautiful museum building in 1997.
Florence Historical Foundation
Florence’s historic preservation is due in large part to the Florence Historical Foundation. The foundation owns and operates the Bank of Florence, the Florence Depot, and the Florence Fire Station. These places have been restored and are now important parts of the Florence landscape. In 2004, the Florence Historical Foundation built a new community center called the Florence City Hall.
Genoa Historical Museum
The Genoa Historical Museum was established in the 1970’s when the old Genoa Bank was donated to the City of Genoa as a museum. Allen Atkins was instrumental in establishing the present day exhibits. Among the many exhibits are Allen Atkins’ Pawnee Artifacts collection, George Umbarger’s collection of Arrowheads and Pottery, Henry Hudson’s diary (who was one of the founders of Genoa), numerous pictures and artifacts from the town’s history.
Great Plains Welsh Heritage Project
The Great Plains Welsh Heritage Project is the only cultural resource in the United States dedicated to interpreting the cultural legacy of Welsh immigrants on the Great Plains. We reveal this history as told by the settlers themselves through their own words, images and artifacts.
Historical Society of Ravenna
The Historical Society of Ravenna maintains a collection at its Historical center, located at 210 Grand Avenue, Ravenna, Nebraska. Items in the collection are displayed on a rotating basis, including images, objects, books, and textiles. Also part of the collection, are family histories from the local area. Some volunteer researchers may be able to provide assistance on a time available basis.
Howard County Historical Society
The mission statement of the Howard County Historical Society is to preserve the history of Howard County in a manner that will educate and inspire interested individuals, to collect and preserve those artifacts related to its settlement: social, ethnic, religious, economic, military service, and farming. To be the storytellers for future generations.
Johnson County Historical Society
The Johnson County Historical Society Museum complex consists of three historic buildings with the main building and the rural schoolhouse located at one site and the Old Jail standing on its original location nearby. The main museum is housed in the historic Christian Church that was built in 1888 with pews from the original church, an organ, and pulpits displayed at the front of the building. Adjacent to the church is the restored District 73 schoolhouse. The church building includes a variety of exhibits, many of which are displayed in free-standing cases.
Kimball Public Library
Kimball Public Library was officially established in 1919. The library has been in many different building over the years. The current building was built in 1966 and has been added to over the years. Kimball Public Library has a long history of providing services for the community that enrich and support. The library has worked hard to always provide access to the latest technology. Our most recent addition is the Kimball Makerspace. This space provides access to machines and equipment that let our patrons create and learn.
Lux Center For The Arts
Our Mission: LUX Center for the Arts is dedicated to transforming lives through art. We are a community of art lovers providing education through art classes, artist in residency programs, gallery exhibitions, and community outreach. We believe the LUX can help people make meaningful connections to art regardless of who they are.
Midtown Neighborhood Alliance/Blackstone Neighborhood Association
Nebraska Jewish Historical Society
The Mission of the Nebraska Jewish Historical Society, founded in 1982 by Mary Fellman and Oliver Pollack, is to preserve the histories of the Jewish families who settled in Nebraska and Council Bluffs, Iowa. The NJHS will promote the acquisition, cataloging and use of the collected materials which depict this history by providing Community Programs and Exhibits in varied media formats, issuing Publications to Members and Professionals, fostering Research and promoting Museum Projects and related Educational/Cultural Activities.
Palisade Public Library
The Palisade Public Library had its beginning in the Palisade School. In 1917 the Women’s Club decided to enlarge the school library into the public. The library was first housed in the H.L. Hunt building on Main Street; here it stayed rent free for 30 years. In 1930 the Village of Palisade established a Municipal Library according to Nebraska State Law and the first library board was formed. In 1957 or early 1958 the library was moved to a little white building south of the Bosley Law Office on Main Street. There it stayed until 1966 when it was moved to its present location the former Palisade State Bank building at 124 North Main Street.
Plainview Historical Society
Shelton Historical Society
The Shelton Historical Society is located along Highway 30 in the Shelton business district. Originally built by George Meisner in 1901 as a bank, the facility has served over the years as a bank, tavern and now a museum. Its ceramic tile floors and high ceilings give the rooms an interesting acoustic quality. There are still two bank vaults intact and the rooms are filled with the town’s memorabilia. The Lincoln Highway Visitors Center is located in the west third of the building and has been refurbished; it contains a large amount of memorabilia, as well.
Sutherland Public Library/Maxine White
Washington County Historical Association
The Washington County Historical Association, or WCHA, is located in the Washington County Historical Museum at 102 North 14th Street in Fort Calhoun, Nebraska. The WCHA “promotes careful guardianship of historical artifacts, promotes an understanding of their significance and inspires people to turn things learned and appreciated into benchmarks for their lives.”
Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska
The Winnebago Tribe of Nebraska, as a sovereign Nation, is committed pursuant to its Constitution, to maintain, improve and protect the Tribe; To preserve its resources and cultural heritage; To create opportunities for its members to thrive and become economically and socially self-sufficient as individuals, families and as a tribal government; and, thereby, promote the harmony of traditional values, beliefs which will ensure a positive course of action for future generations.