Repairing Nebraska’s Historical Markers
The Nebraska State Historical Society Foundation is raising money to maintain the over 500 historical markers in the state of Nebraska. These historic markers are meant to be permanent but become worn down by weather and other damage. The money raised will help repaint, replace and repair the historic markers in need.
NSHSF’S Photo Contest
Nebraska State Historical Society Foundation is launching its summer photo contest to highlight Nebraska historical markers across the state. Participants can submit their photos of historical markers to be considered for the following prizes.
Prizes for the top 20 include a membership to the Nebraska State Historical Society and a book about Nebraska history. In addition to membership and a book, the top 10 submissions will be invited to the Nebraska State Historical Society’s annual meeting, and the top three will be recognized with plaques.
General Contest Rules
• Photo must be taken of a Nebraska historic marker with a state seal or otherwise identified as a state historic marker.
• Persons under 18 may participate with a parent or guardian’s permission.
• Both amateur and professional photographers can enter.
• Multiple entries are allowed but only one (1) photograph allowed per entry form.
• By entering the contest participants agree to the contest rules.
- Visit any of the 500+ historical markers across the State of Nebraska.
- Snap a photo of the marker in its unique and picturesque environment.
- Submit your photo online with a small caption about why you love this marker and you will be entered into the contest!
If you would like to donate to the Nebraska Marker Project, you can do so here: https://www.nshsf.org/the-nebraska-marker-project/
To see a map of all the historic markers across Nebraska visit this link:
For more information about the Summer Photo Contest, call the Foundation at 402-435-3535